Thursday, December 02, 2004

Sammy Sosa

According to Will Carroll, there have been Sosa trade talks with the Nationals. Even ignoring the obvious problems in Sosa's game and contract, where is he going to play? RF is Guillen's (although I assume he could move to left), LF is Wilkerson (unless they try him in CF again), and 1B is Nick's. Assuming that Bowden isn't pursuing the Wilkerson in CF full-time option, that implies he is looking to deal either Wilkerson or Nick (possibly in the Sosa deal). I'd rather see Wilkerson and Nick in the Nationals lineup than Sosa for years to come, but I'm not Bowden.

3 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Bijan C. Bayne said...

Not only would it tie up team payroll for years as Bowden did in Cincy with Junior- but the post-juice testing, post-cork Sammy hasn't posted any impressive #'s.

He's Dusty's headache now.

 
At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should hope not. Sammy is on the downswing, big time. The Cubs have no use for Nick Johnson with Derek Lee at 1B. Guillen can definitely play LF - he played there with the Angels last year with Vlad in RF. I think Terrmel Sledge should get more playing time in LF though.

 
At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching for chicago cubs flag and found your site.

I'm a huge Cub fan and I have been looking for other sites about chicago cubs flag

Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home